Throughout Get A Life, episodes and characters display certain behavior that forms a pattern. Here is a list of certain elements in almost every episode of Get A Life.
- Exposition Breakfast: Almost every episode begins with Chris walking through the kitchen door, telling his parents what his plans for the episode plot are.
- Chris cries and has some sort of self-deprecating episode.
- Sharon publicly expresses her hatred for Chris and even assaults him.
- Fred and Gladys are in their bathrobes, no matter where they go.
- Chris dies from some sort of ridiculous situation thrown at him.
- Chris breaks into Sharon and Larry's home, interrupting their social lives.
- Chris upsets a complete stranger and makes a new enemy by doing something socially inappropriate.